News

MASCHIO GASPARDO GROUP STRENGTHENS ITS PRESENCE IN THE PLOUGHING SECTOR 

MASCHIO ARATRI Srl is established in CONCORDIA SAGITTARIA (Ve)

The MASCHIO GASPARDO group strengthens its presence in the ploughing sector by increasing its share capital in Moro Pietro Meccanica of Concordia Sagittaria (Ve) to 49%, with the latter becoming MASCHIO ARATRI Srl.

The remaining 51% was acquired by Idea19 Srl, the holding company owned by Alberto Baban, who will assume the role of Chairman of the Board of Directors, while Luca Barzan, in office since 2015, will retain the position of Chief Executive Officer. 

This operation has enabled the Padua-based group, which boasts a strong global presence with its ranges of tillage, seeding, haymaking and crop protection solutions, to consolidate its full liner strategy. The new corporate structure will also enable MASCHIO ARATRI to develop an ambitious business plan that is set to extend its range of products, optimising production and logistics processes to deliver the best possible service to its growing customer base.

Moro Pietro Meccanica, soon to be MASCHIO ARATRI Srl, was founded in 1958 by the Moro family, who turned it into a widely-recognised key player in the manufacture of ploughs. In 2013, MASCHIO GASPARDO became a shareholder of Moro Pietro Meccanica, signing an industrial and commercial partnership with the company which included the distribution of the MASCHIO brand of ploughs across all international markets. 

From now on, the entire MASCHIO ARATRI range will be marketed in Italy and all over the world exclusively under the MASCHIO brand, through the Group’s impressive and comprehensive distribution network

xxx

The Maschio Gaspardo Group is an industry-leading manufacturer in machines for tillage, seeding, crop treatment operations, maintenance of areas of greenery and haymaking. Founded in Campodarsego (PD) in 1964 by brothers Egidio and Giorgio Maschio, Maschio Gaspardo Group employs 1,800 employees worldwide across 10 production plants, 3 of which are overseas - in China, India and Romania - and 12 commercial branches (Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Poland, Ukraine, Turkey, Russia, North America, China, India, Romania). Between 2009 and 2014, the Group experienced a period of significant growth, with turnover more than doubling from 118 million euros to 324 million euros, 80% of which was generated by foreign markets. The Maschio family, the Group’s majority shareholder, owns 86% of the share capital, while the remaining 14% is owned by Friulia Finanziaria FVG.